Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Yeah, beer and cricket? Good shit."

It was Australia's birthday yesterday.
And by that I mean the day upon which we celebrate the arrival of several boatloads of ill-fortuned Brits to generally non-arabale, poorly charted and already inhabited shores.

In celebration (of the fact I was going to a concert), I made a dress. It was meant to have the whole Australian flag on it, but I felt like enough of a twat with the small amount you see here so it's more of a pommy outfit than anything.
As usual, it was sewn without a pattern (as I find them incomprehensible) a few hours before leaving the house, which makes me both happy and sad as I know I'll never be able to make anything I can wear more than once.

+ some stickerastyastytasty, because you love it. You love it all up inside you.

4 comments:

  1. you hand draw the stickers? that house one needs to be printed up for reals and some of them sent my way! (standoutstickers, maybe?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, they're hand drawn. And I've been trying to think of the best way to create copies of stickers for a while... I'm going to fiddle with some of the sticker paper I have in photocopiers, and I'll get back to you. Come to think of it, I think I've been owing you some art for months now, haha. Sorry about that. I had an idea a little while back, but the more I thought about it the more complex and intimidating it got, so I've been procrastinating mostly. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got the stickers in the mail today! so dope! so these MUST have been printed, correct? what method did you end up using? thanks tons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad you like 'em.

    And yeah, they were printed. I found out that this relatively inexpensive sticker paper works in the photocopiers of this huge office supplies place, which made me incredibly happy, so what you have is a scanned and printed image that has then been photocopied.
    I'm so, so happy I got to find this out. Multiples! Multiples for the rest of my life!

    ReplyDelete