Monday, April 18, 2011

Keep rollin' rollin' rollin'

Rollin' rollin'.


I dedicate this post to the oft-misunderstood musical genius of Fred Durst.

I have been full of excitement lately.

Not only do I now have a desk...



...but my crushing lack of inspiration has been alleviated by an awesome exhibition. The delicious retrofuturism of Ian Haig's cult propaganda-y video in particular has filled me with joy and compelled me to create post-apocalyptic architecture for my honours project. (This also gives me an excuse to do some "research" into the crackpot end-of-the-world theories that tickle my funnybone so hard*.)

[The apocalypse would herald the achievement of maximum entropy. The arrival of a condition of absolute societal atomism (anarchy?) under which the system will reach a paradoxical oneness through the uniform disparity of its individual units. In this state of suspended liminality may we find the room to refigure all that we know.]

The bullshit is flowing like a river and it feels so much better**. I'm still not sure if I'm going to situate this architecture as parallel to this reality (interventions in the present) or in the virtual as proposals, but I don't really care. I'm just going to ride out this wave of happy as long as I can.

That said, the actual quantity/quality/quapity of things I've produced is as minimal as always.

There's this thing that's mean to be a rolling house, hence the dedication of this post.

video
(I take no responsibility for the music in the background of this.)

And some drawings. That are very bad. And hence will never see the light of day.

You heard me.

Good day to you sir.

*Yes, a poor combination of words to use in such close proximity.
**I'm really not having a good time with this whole word choice thing tonight, am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment