Sunday, September 4, 2011

Food and song

Got to know choux pastry a little better the other day. That's the stuff that turns into eclairs and profiteroles, or so I'm told.  


These little rounds are really cute even before they're cut.

And even unusually tasty with Australia's favourite "concentrated yeast extract", vegemite. Then again, I'll eat just about anything.
I think this is one of my new favourite things to bake, mostly as the ingredients are few and cheap.

Also the Rusty Spring Syncopators struck again last night, this time in a railway tunnel in Newtown. It was buzzin' with ragtime jazz, dancing, drunkenness and an unusual concentration of hippies until the cops got in on the party. Maybe they thought they were busting up a bootlegging ring.

Some dodgily recorded Syncopator sound here, if you're interested.

I'm buggered. So is my honours year.

Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment