Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'm running out of titles for these posts that are really about nothing

It's an unfortunate side effect of my compulsive photo taking. For as long as this blog exists these sorts of posts will always be here to make your day a little bit more boring. I'm sorry.

Anyway, a little while back I predicted this to be a summer of spider and roof photography. A fairly accurate prophecy, it seems, after finding this net casting spider on one of the legs of my desk. The way these guys hold their legs while at rest always intrigued me, but what's even cooler is that when they hunt they hold a sticky net of silk between their front four legs and use it to snare any insects passing by.

 Also my housemate bought some live bloodworms to feed to his fish. Not only are they nutritious, but they're also very good at mimicking an otherworldly flooded forest.

Aaaand a rainbow snapped from our roof. There's been way too much rain this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment