Sunday, February 26, 2012

It's 5:30am on a Sunday

And I am unhappily awake. Why? Because despite my best efforts to manipulate the Australian clime/douse myself in insect repellant I'm hot, sticky and covered in mosquito bites.

I gave up on sleep half an hour ago after waking up every 90mins or so needing to reapply repellant that I'd inevitably sweat off soon after.

Those mosquitoes are bastards. If there is one single inch of you un-repellant-ed they'll find it. My lower bum region has a few from where my shorts rode up in my sleep, there's one on my shoulder from where my singlet strap moved, and one on the palm of my hand, amongst others.

Our window has no insect screen, but it's too damn hot to keep it shut.

I've improvised some flyscreen using a torn up 'delicates bag'. Inelegant, but hopefully it'll work. If not then I'm afraid this is the last you'll ever hear of me because I'll be either dead or in jail.

It was nice knowing you(?)

No comments:

Post a Comment