Feast your eyes on my monthly excretions.
This round of bentos heavily features tea eggs. Though I suppose anything could 'feature heavily' when there are only three things in a category. Do the words I type even make sense anymore?
Next is more tea egg goodness, displaying a fine black ring of overcooked shame, atop noodles, lamb and carrot in some sort of spiced broth heavy with ennui and longing.
This is carrot and cumin soup. It doesn't know why it's here and I don't either.
Here is a caramel croissant pudding made with this recipe. The result: tasty, but existentially unsatisfying.
Savoury cornbread, you say? 'Why was I born only to be consumed', it says.
Savoury pancake stack topped with grilled tomatoes and accompanied by chicken, apple and candied walnut salad. A vain mockery of friendship at the edge of death.
Also lemon meringue cupcakes.
I have made lots of these.
And here are more being filled:
230g unsalted butter
460g caster sugar
5 eggs, beaten
3/4 cups lemon juice
- Melt butter and sugar over simmering water
- Add eggs and lemon juice - whisk until thick (takes a while)
125g unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups caster
Finely grated rind of one lemon
3tbs lemon juice
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Cream butter, sugar, lemon rind and juice
- Beat in eggs, one at a time
- Sift in flour and baking powder, alternating with milk
- Put into patty pans or whatever
- Bake for 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean
- Cut hole in the top of each cupcake - big enough to add about 1 teaspoon lemon curd
- Add lemon curd
3 egg whites
170g caster sugar
Extra caster sugar for sprinkling
- Beat egg whites until peaks form
- Gradually add sugar until eggwhites are glossy and stiff
- Dollop some mix onto the top of each cupcake (the recipe says to use a piping bag, but my eggwhites are never stiff enough to do that)
- Sprinkle with extra caster sugar
- Bake in oven for 5 mins or so, until brown
- Leave to cool, then eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner
I also made curtains. But not lots. But our room has curtains now so I am happy.
We have wireless internet here now. Expect more entries like these, you poor bastard.