Wednesday, June 6, 2012

There's no 'I' in 'team'

Or in cake. But there are two in origami!

I spent this evening doing my part to help out with my specialpersonmanfriendwhoIlivewith's independent cinema project in the only way I know how: food and craft.

I made these here cake pops (refigured cakes on sticks, dipped in chocolate and clumsily decorated):
 Along with these origami containers for snackables like pretzels and nuts.


Both will be sold at the venue and will hopefully go towards punters' enjoyment of rarely seen cinema. And encouraging drink purchasing.

There has been a vicious wind blowing all day. The proper howling business, none of this namby pamby leaf rustling shit. Tonight we watched sheets of the corrugated roof of our neighbour's workshop flapping around for hours, constantly threatening to tear free from the rafters, and there are suspicious bangings and crashings of big things being blown over from all about the neighbourhood.

Beneath a waterproof roof, between four walls and relatively warm, I feel like I'm in a mighty keep by the edge of a stormy sea, stalwart in the midst of a maelstrom. It's a good feeling to have. A feeling of childhood. Of having a little corner to burrow into.
It's good weather for being inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment