Monday, August 20, 2012

Sometimes when I post I feel like I'm masturbating in the corner of an empty room

And by the time I've finished once, I only want to do it again.

So, here's the edible stuff that happened in July.

It was a month of stuffed chicken thighs, or "the food of desperation" as I now like to call it. The moral: there’s no better place to hide things that’ve been taking up space in the fridge for too long than inside a cheap cut of meat.

 Things like cream cheese and spinach with herbs, as part of an improvised parmigiana disaster, or grilled capsicum, or garlic butter topped with a nutty crust.
Another desperation food seems to be meat pie, in which, in a dramatic turn of events, the cheap meat is hidden inside puff pastry. 
Puff pastry was also used in an attempt at Portugese tarts. Or, more correctly, still-mostly-liquid-custard-in-an-edible-bowl. Never again.
I guess the rest of the stuff I made last month was sweet...
Caramel croissant pudding
The most boring cake pops yet
Gluten free chocolate cake with fecal looking cream, made with friends on a baking night

And mud cakes with peanut butter icing!

Actually, I guess this last one wasn't sweet, though I tried very hard to make it look like it was.
A bacon and blue cheese cake for my savory-toothed housemate's birthday - half bread, half spaceship, all insanely intense.
I'm looking forward to the day I master The Icing Bag. Upon that day I will die happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment