Saturday, November 10, 2012

Long time no see

What a strangely truncated phrase. I wonder how it originated?

Anyway, le fuckwit and I are slowly, slowly settling into our new place.
(I actually drew this over a week ago. Fuck you, lack of internet and scanner at home!)
We got some cookware, crockery, cutlery and, most importantly, groceries a couple of days ago, so I was able to make our inaugural home cooked dinner (the tinned tuna sandwiches we'd been living off up until then don't count) - huevo rancheros and barley cornbread.
Southern style with a side salad. Nomnomnom.
Setting up a home (mostly) from scratch is a lot harder than I thought it'd be. I feel a lot more invested in this place than I have elsewhere. I don't just want a couch, but I want one that looks decent. And maybe bowls that match. Things like that. It's... very odd. I am feeling a frustration at my house not looking the way I'd like it to that I would have scoffed at in the past. What have I become?

Aaaah.

Anyway, here's a photo of a selection of toy handguns we now have adorning our kitchen wall. Just 'cause they look cool. My favourite's the second from the right, a wooden rubber band gun. While it has neither accuracy or power on its side, it's pretty boss to look at and would probably still get you arrested should you take it out at an airport. 
Also here's a drawing of some gawky teenager I saw who I'm a bit in love with. His locks were incredible. 

I'm still not creating as much as I'd like, and it's kind of frustrating. Working 6 days a week is beginning to take its toll. I need to work something out. Maybe a timetable, or some self motivation technique, or a cheap speed dealer or-zzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

  1. Or just frikkin work less?! XP

    Lol! You're going through the nesting phase! ^_^ I am so looking forward to getting my own place some day that I can set up how I like. But right now, soooo not invested in this sharehouse stupidity. Sadly, even the tiniest studio apartment appears to be out of my price range. :|

    Your guns remind me of 50s ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It's actually hard not to. For various, mostly psychological reasons that I'm yet to pin down.

    Haha, yeah. It's a nice feeling to be able to be at liberty to decide how your place is going to look, but when the liberty's somewhat curtailed by things like time and money... it can get frustrating. Which is to say it is getting a bit frustrating. It's so like playing the sims. Beginning with tiny crappy furniture and (hopefully) slowly working your way up...

    And I LOVE THOSE 50S DUCKS. THANKYOU.

    Got your letter too. Working on a reply :3

    ReplyDelete